Resources & Links
We want to provide a list of resources that may be beneficial to you in your journey. Please review the categories below. If you see a resource that should be included, please Email us!
General Caregiving Resources
- ElderCare Online
- National Respite Service Locator
- Community Resources for Caregivers
- Senior Living Map
- Social Security Online – Provides vital information on retirement and other resources
- www.Ncoa.org/ – National Council on Aging
- www.Hhs.gov/ – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- www.Medicare.gov – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- http://www.dhcd.virginia.gov – Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (Livable Home Tax Credit)
- Medicare Interactive
- Administration on Aging
- First Gov for Seniors
- Benefits CheckUp
- National Institute on Aging
- National Institutes of Health
- www.ElderLifeFinancial.com/ – Over 2,500 senior living communities and home care
providers nationwide trust Elderlife to help families
like yours pay for senior living
- http://www.Benefits.VA.gov/Compensation/– Veteran’s Administration benefits department helps veteran’s with financial concerns.
- ElderBenefitsConsulting.com -Elder Resource Benefits Consulting Provides Insight Into State & Federal Programs For Seniors
Senior Living Resources
- www.Alfa.org – Assisted Living Federation of America: Influence public policy by advocating for informed choice, quality care, and accessibility for all Americans.
- www.Medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare: Compare nursing home in the area.
- www.Eldercare.gov – The Eldercare Locator: Access home and community based services.
- www.HospiceFoundation.org/ -Provides leadership in the development and application of hospice and its philosophy of care with the goal of enhancing the U.S. health care system and the role of hospice within it.
- www.AgingCare.com – Aging Care
- www.CareManager.org/– Care Manager: National association dedicated to working towards the highest quality of care for the elderly and their families through education, advocacy, and high standards of professional practice.
- www.Cdc.gov/aging– Centers for Disease Control: The Official U.S. Government Site for disease affecting the elderly.
- www.Alz.org/– Alzheimer’s Association: The largest national voluntary health organization supporting Alzheimer’s research and care.
- www.Aoa.gov/– Area on Aging
- www.Arthritis.org/– Arthritis Association: Association providing information and resources for Arthritis.
- www.Diabetes.org/ – American Diabetes Association: Association providing information and resources for Diabetes.
- www.Stroke.org – National Stroke Association: Association providing information and resources for Strokes.
- www.Heart.org – American Heart Association:Dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke.
- www.MesotheliomaGroup.com-Mesothelioma Group: Provides education and support to mesothelioma patients and family members, helping patients live longer and gain a better quality of life.
- www.Lifestation.com – Lifestation: Medical alert system provides 24/7 monitoring for seniors living home alone.
- www.ElderCareLink.com/ – Eldercare Link
- http://www.Myphr.com– Personal Health Records
- www.SeniorJournal.com/seniorlinks.htm – Senior Journal
- http://andersondesimone1.tru-m.com/ – Anderson, Desimone & Green, P.C.